Monday, April 27, 2015

Easy Paleo Lunches

3 of my Favorite Healthy & Affordable Paleo Lunches

I always try to bring my own lunch to work because I am less likely to eat something non paleo. In the mornings, I don't have time to cook an actual lunch while getting my toddler fed and ready for school, getting myself ready for work and putting together my morning protein drink for breakfast on the go. What I do instead is cook my proteins (chicken, steak and pork) on the weekend, or if I am making dinner with say chicken, I'll make a little extra, so I have some meat on hand ready to throw in a salad or eat alone.




The Protein Pack:

I love this combination of hummus and chicken...

3 ounces of cooked chicken or 1 hard boiled egg
3 tablespoons of hummus
1 handful of carrot sticks
2 ounces of blueberries

Easy Salad:

Always a classic combo for me.

3 ounces of cooked steak, or meat of choice
3 large leaves of romaine or kale chopped
1/4 cup of red onion, chopped
1/2 avocado, diced
6 black olives, coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar

Onion Salad:

These caramelized onions are to die for... You get the sweetness with a noodle like texture that is just so satisfying! You'll want to cook the onions the night before and have them on hand in the morning.

2 cups of caramelized onions (post on this soon)
3 ounces of protein of choice (chicken, steak or pork)
1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper

Left overs!


No comments:

Post a Comment