Thursday, April 2, 2015

Sweet Potato + Turkey Sausage Hash

Since I work full time and am a single mom at the moment, I really have no time to make breakfast during thing week. Instead I stick with my morning cinnamon + pea protein shake because it's yummy and satisfies me with enough energy to get me through the morning until lunch. So on the weekends, I tend to put in extra effort to my breakfasts because it's the only time I get to have a nice whole breakfast with my family.

Sweet Potato + Turkey Sausage Hash


Sweet Potato and Sausage Hash

Paleo, Autoimmune-Paleo, Whole30, Gluten Free
This delicious breakfast skillet is packed with amazing nutrients and leaves you satisfied.
Ingredients:
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • 1 large red onion, chopped
  • 1 or 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 medium sweet potatoes, chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
  • 2 carrots, chopped to similar size of sweet potatoes
  • 10 oz turkey breakfast sausage
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • salt + pepper to taste
Optional:
  • 3 springs of fresh or 1 tbsp of dried thyme, stems removed
  • 4 Eggs
Instructions:
    Heat oil on medium heat in a large skillet. Add the breakfast sausage, turn up the heat to medium/high and break it up with the back of a wooden spoon into little chunks, brown sausage for 3 minutes. Then add sweet potato, onion, garlic, cinnamon, thyme, salt and pepper, stir frequently and cook for about 10 to 12 minutes or until your sweet potatoes are nice and tender. May be served with eggs done you favorite way.
Serves 4 - 5
Preparation time: 10min
Total time: 25min


No comments:

Post a Comment