Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Weight Loss Goals

I would like to share that I am on the path to weight loss and health. 

I have Hypothyroidism (a thyroid disease, which I will share more about at a different time) that makes it hard for my to lose weight among many other negatives. During my pregnancy, I gained about 70 lbs. It was difficult... I had gone on a cruise to Italy and Spain (two of my favorite places) right when I was about 5 months along, couldn't drink all the lovely European wine obviously, so I said I'm in Italy... Pregnant... I'm going to enjoy all of this food because when else will I be in Italy again? (which I hope to I WILL go back to again) That will have to be a different post, but here is a picture of me pregnant in Italy.

5 Months Pregnant Me in a mask shop in Venice, Italy, May 2013

After I had my son, I was able to take off about 30 lbs in the first 6 months without trying too hard, but I was in "new mommy mode" and wasn't very focused on my weight. Skip forward to about 4 months ago and a girl I worked with asked how far along I was...... I was NOT pregnant... and this really opened my eyes that it was time to get healthy for myself AND my family.

Since 4 months ago, I've adopted the paleo diet, juicing, in home circuit training and taking frequent walks during the work day... Oh yes, I work full time as a Graphic Designer, a profession that has me sitting at my desk for the majority of the day. And also since then, I've lost 20 lbs and have so much more energy (which is really the best part). My goal is to lose at least 20 more lbs by July and eventually 15 more after. I will keep you posted on my journey!

I hope I can inspire others to take control of their health as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment