Sunday, March 29, 2015

Protein Powders + Why I Choose Pea Protein

Why do I use Protein Powder in the first place?

I use protein powder as a simple way to get plenty of protein in my diet. It is my easy meal replacement for breakfast & sometimes as a 3 o'clock small meal. My naturopath, whom treats my hypothyroidism/Hashimoto's recommended that I have about 23g of protein every 3 hours. I meal prep to make my life easier because it's hard to find healthy and affordable paleo dishes on the go, but I only prep my lunches for the week. Stay tuned to my blog to find out how I meal prep for the week. 

I usually don't have time to cook myself breakfast in the morning, so I pack a handful of berries and bring my protein shake to drink at work (along with my lunch). And that is why I use protein powder.

Why I choose Pea Protein Powder

  • Hypoallergenic: Whey, casein, egg, and even soy protein powders daily for extended periods of time can sometimes lead to the development of an allergy or intolerance
  • High in BCAAs (branched chain amino acids): which can decrease belly fat, keep you full longer, give you energy, keep your body in a muscle building state + much more
  • 100% Vegan: It's only ingredients are yellow peas.
  • Easily Digested: same cannot be said for other plant based proteins like soy which is difficult to digest and not utilized by your body nearly as well
  • Lactose Free: it is completely free of lactose, the sugar found in some types of whey protein powder that causes those of you who are intolerant to it to feel bloated and gassy
  • Tastes Slightly Sweeter than Hemp
  • I Stay Full Longer: Studies show that drinking pea protein powder activates the release of hormones in your body that keep you feeling full between meals
  • Low in Carbohydrates
  • Gluten Free

Here's what I use:

    Source Naturals Pea Protein Power

Morning Pea Protein Shake Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment